(6) Mangos are full of many protective nutrients. The vitamin content of Mango depends on its variety and maturity of the fruit. The green mango contains high amount of vitamin C and when it gets ripened the amount of beta carotene (Vitamin A) increases.
(7) India is the leading producer of mango and it exports a very little amount of its production as majority of them are consumed within the country. There are more than 20 million metric tons of mangos that are grown across the tropical and sub-tropical world. Other leading producers of Mango include Mexico, China, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, Nigeria, Brazil, and others.
(8) The fruit of the mango consists of the Mesocarp that forms the edible fleshy part and endocarp that forms the large woody and flattened pit. The mango is a member of the Anachardiaceae family that also includes Jamaica plum, cashew, pistachio, poison ivy and poison oak.
(9) There are more than 1,000 known mango cultivars that can be produced from two strains of mango seed including monoembryonic (single embryo) and polyembryonic (multiple embryo). The Indian variety of Mango is Monoembryonic while the polyembryonic belongs to Indochinese.
(10) The resinous latex sap of Mango can lead to Dermatitis when it comes in contact with the body. It is secreted at a time of mango harvesting. The fruit skin of mango is not edible.
(11) Every part of the mango fruit can be used in fold remedies in one way or the other. The bark, leaves, skin of Mango are used in the preparation of various types of treatments or preventatives from the ancient time. Some of the medicinal properties of the mango tree and fruit are used in the preparation of many medicines like anti-septic, cardiotonic, laxative, anti-asthmatic, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, contraceptive, aphrodisiac, hypotensive, anti-tussive (cough), expectorant, and many others.
(12) The Mangiferin is found in the stem bark that has potent immune-modulatory characteristics and is rich in splenocytes that inhibits growth of tumour in early and late stages.